Saturday, March 3, 2018

HOBBIES




 Aayush Ghatgar – VI B

Having a hobby is very important in today's stressful life. Hobbies are the greatest stress busters. They give us a chance to relax ourselves. Hobby is not just a time pass activity but it adds value to our time which helps us to understand the importance of time in our life. Having a hobby can help our social life and create a bond with others. A hobby leads us to enhance our power to concentrate and develop our interpersonal skills.
A hobby can be converted into passion. Passion is the next step of hobby. But there is a difference between hobby and passion. Hobby is what you like to do and passion is what you love to do. Hobby is what you do in your free time and passion is what you do even if you don’t have free time. The desire for pursuing the passion is much stronger.  When one is passionate about something, one continuously wants to improve his skills. 
I too have a hobby in the field of music.  My hobby is playing the Tabla. I have been learning Tabla for the last five years. Recently I gave Praveshika Poorna, the third exam in Tabla and got distinction in it.  From the age of 3 years only, I began to show my liking for Tabla.  At the age of six, my Tabla education started under the guidance of Ashish Mahajan Sir but there I couldn’t give any Tabla exam.  So after three years, I went to Siddhesh Kamat Sir who developed my Tabla playing skills and prepared me for competition within two years.  I got first runner up prize in the competition held by Sri Guruji Art Academy which is my first ever achievement in Tabla. I know that this is just a beginning and I have a long way to go but this experience helped me to understand the importance of this hobby in my life. I learnt the value of discipline too.  My guru explained the importance of daily ‘Riyaz’. He also takes me for a 3 day workshop to a place which is away from noise and air pollution of the city. This also gives me an opportunity to practice with other sincere and senior students and get guidance from Tabla maestros. 
But the most important thing is I get relaxed from the daily stressful routine. I enjoy playing Tabla. It has helped me in my studies also.  I have increased my concentration ability to a great extent. As we have to memorise Tabla notes, it has helped me to improve my memory. Recitation of difficult notes developed my pronunciation.   Above all my hobby helped me to overcome stage fear and to gain confidence.
                                                                                                           

No comments: